The purpose of this page is simple.
I want to document active bird nests located within the Lot 450 area, so as to provide accurate and timely information to Provincial enforcement officers, Island Timberlands, City of Powell River Councillors, and you.
Nest records are welcome. Please use the contact form provided. The more detail the better, but the essentials are:
- species: usually the first two letters of the common name, so a Common Raven is a CORA, and American Robin is an AMRO, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch is an RBNU
- precise location: either latitude/longitude or UTM easting/northing will be just fine
- nest type (stick, cavity, bowl or on ground)
- nest height (metres or feet)
- tree height (” ” “)
- tree species (if known)
NOTE: Your records will not be automatically added to the dataset or map. I will need to visit the nest to confirm it. Nobody will be served by me providing inaccurate or erroneous records. The more detail you provide, the more useful the information becomes.
In this case I fervently want people to believe what they read on the internet! Happy hunting and remember to have fun!
– web design & implementation by Andrew A. Bryant Services